City of Sharonville
The City of Sharonville, Ohio is seeking qualified applicants for the Planner 1 position in the Department of Community Development.
Planner 1 Essential Tasks:
1. Providing technical assistance and information regarding land use, zoning, conditional use permits, etc.
2. Maintaining and updating GIS maps, beautification awards, and other special projects.
3. Preparing and assembling monthly packets for the Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning Commission. Assisting in preparation of other packets as needed (Architectural Review Board, Historic Preservation Commission, etc.).
4. Assisting in the development, implementation, and evaluation of plans, policies, procedures, and programs pertaining to City development (e.g., researches, assimilates, and analyzes data; formulates alternative solutions of policies, prepares graphic reports, etc.).
5. Preparing zoning, land use, and special study maps.
6. Assisting in maintaining and administering the Sharonville Land Use Ordinance and Restrictions, Zoning Ordinance, and Property Maintenance Code.
7. Performing Construction Site Inspections and Detention Basin Maintenance Inspections to ensure compliance with approved plans.
8. Reviewing and processing minor subdivision (lot split) applications, preliminary and final subdivision plans, etc.
9. Reviewing requests for zoning text and map amendments.
10. Giving presentations on staff reports and community plans, periodic attendance to evening meetings.
11. Reviewing and making recommendations for additions, deletions, or modifications to the city's zoning code, subdivision regulations, and other pertinent codes.
12. Assisting in creation, development, and administration of special projects as needed.
13. Performing additional duties as assigned or necessary to ensure efficient operation of the Community Development Department inclusive of planning and zoning functions, building and electric permitting & processing, and inspections.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or closely related field; or a minimum of three years of related experience with a county, township or municipality AND (3) GIS experience preferred, specifically ESRI products AND (4) AICP certification encouraged but not required AND (5) possess a currently valid driver license, AND (6) be insurable for motor vehicle operation by the insurance carrier of The City Of Sharonville.
Salary: The salary range for this position is $37,440 to $63,086 DOQ.
Please send resume and cover letter to John Creech at firstname.lastname@example.org