Pay Range: $14.00 per hour
The Delaware County Regional Planning Commission is accepting applications for a part time (up to 20 hours per week for 18 weeks) Planning and GIS Intern.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• High school diploma and a student in a participating graduate or undergraduate planning program, some planning–related experience preferred;
• Competent to create documents in Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, and Power Point; and
• Conversant with GIS technology and familiar with and able to do basic functions in ArcGIS or ArcMap. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written;
• Proficient in prioritizing, organizational skills and time management.
Possible responsibilities for this position include the following. **Tasks are customized to the interests and abilities of the applicant.**
• Assisting with preparation, progress and completion of a wide range of planning studies;
• Providing assistance to the Commission and local governments;
• Providing assistance and input in preparation of various planning studies performed in conjunction with: comprehensive planning and zoning and subdivision development review;
• Performing subdivision reviews;
• Preparing hand-drawn and computer-based graphics;
• Digitizing, edit and code graphic information according to pre-defined schema provided by the GIS Analyst/Manager and other staff members;
• Assisting in planning and other functions as assigned.