Pay Range: $48,000 - $65,000
Sunday Creek Horizons is the leading for-profit advocacy, strategic communications, and business development firm operating in Southeast Ohio. We are dedicated to fostering positive change and sustainable growth within the communities we serve. Our Community Development Division is at the forefront of facilitating impactful programs and partnerships that contribute to the overall development and prosperity of the region. The community development team works hand in hand with our community clients to secure investment in infrastructure projects, to develop public-private partnerships, and to support the establishment of local level economic development tools.
We are collecting resumes for a motivated and experienced Community Development Specialist to join our dynamic team. The selected individual will work closely with the Director of Local Government Services to build and maintain essential relationships with elected officials and community development departments in Southeast Ohio. If you possess a strong background in municipal-level work, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to navigate complex community level projects, we encourage you to apply.
This position is based in our headquarters in Athens Ohio. Remote work is acceptable, hybrid work will be prioritized and applicants living in or willing to relocate to Appalachian Ohio will be favorably considered. Resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found. We are in no rush to fill this position and will consider all applications.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with local elected officials, government agencies, and community development offices to promote effective collaboration.
• Assist in the development and execution of community development strategies for each client, tracking alignment with the client’s goals and objectives.
• Identify opportunities for growth and community improvement through research, data analysis, and stakeholder engagement.
• Collaborate with internal Sunday Creek teams to design and implement advocacy efforts that achieve legislative or development “wins” for clients.
• Provide expertise and guidance on local government policies, regulations, and funding opportunities.
• Prepare and deliver presentations to key stakeholders, elected officials, and community members.
• Individuals possessing GIS (Geographic Information System) skills to analyze spatial data and create maps for community development projects will be favorably considered.
• Proven experience working at a municipal level and managing relationships with local elected officials and community development offices.
• Strong understanding of community development principles, practices, and funding mechanisms.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of community planning, especially within the Appalachian region of Ohio.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
• Demonstrated project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Proficiency in using GIS software and spatial analysis tools is highly desirable (if applicable).
• Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
• Passion for community development and making a positive impact in Southeast Ohio.
The salary range for this position will be commensurate with skill and experience. Individuals hired at the Associate level can expect a salary range between $48,000 and $52,000 per year. Employees hired at the project manager level can expect a salary range between $52,000 and $65,000 per year.
Sunday Creek Horizons offers an ancillary benefits package, including full medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance, 99% of which is covered by the Company. We presently offer an employer matched Simple-IRA retirement plan and anticipate rolling out a 401k plan in 2024. Employees are eligible for bonuses relative to the success of the company.
If you are ready to contribute your expertise and passion for community development and work in a rewarding and collaborative environment, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the role to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sunday Creek Horizons is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce. Women and minority candidates, particularly in Appalachian Ohio, are strongly encouraged to apply. SCH is committed to reversing the “brain drain” phenomenon that has plagued southeast Ohio in its hiring, and candidates will be positively considered who can demonstrate working with SCH will keep them in or bring them back to living in Southeast Ohio.