Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission
The Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission (MVRPC) in Dayton, Ohio has one full time (30-40 hours per week) Planning/GIS internship position open during the Spring of 2022 (approximately from January 3, 2022 to April 29, 2022).
The intern will assist the Community and Regional Planning and Transportation Planning departments with various tasks, including:
• Land Use and Transportation Planning
• Special Planning Studies
• Data Update, Data Analysis, and Map Production using Geographic Information System (GIS)
• Field Surveys/Data Collection
Applicants should possess: knowledge of planning principles and practices; working knowledge of GIS; familiarity with research techniques; and skill in the use of various basic software (word processing, databases, spreadsheets, Adobe creative suites, etc).
• Must be currently enrolled in a degree (undergraduate or graduate) program in planning, geography, or related field
• Currently in the second year toward completing a Bachelor’s degree program.
• Use of a personal vehicle and valid driver’s license are required for field work during working hours.
• Some practical professional experience preferred.
Submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com. Application deadline: November 30, 2021.
To learn more about Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission, visit our website www.mvrpc.org