Assistant Zoning Inspector
The Assistant Zoning Inspector performs a variety of administrative functions to actively promote compliance with Township Zoning Resolutions.
1. Process permit applications in a timely fashion, assuring that all permits’ issued are for projects that are in compliance with Township Zoning Resolutions.
2. Investigate and take appropriate action on zoning violations that are reported to the Township.
3. Keep accurate records of all zoning transactions that occur, i.e. permits, violations, notices sent to residents and businesses, etc.
4. Keep accurate records and file all zoning records properly.
5. Respond promptly to zoning complaints filed with the Township.
6. Follow up on zoning complaints to assure that violations are resolved.
7. Answer zoning questions from residents. Provide alternatives to residents when appropriate.
8. Participate in continuing education as recommended by the administration.
9. Be able to periodically drive locally as required. Must provide own transportation.
10. Convert historical documents into electronic records.
1. High School graduate.
2. Current driver’s license and auto insurance.
3. Be able to pass a drug test.
4. Ability to learn and implement Township and State Zoning Resolutions and laws.
5. Have excellent written and oral communication skills. Be able to communicate with residents, businesses, and other departments and agencies in a professional and effective manner.
6. Strong knowledge and understanding of basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, email, database management, and file storage hierarchy, and the ability to learn and utilize new software.
7. Basic office skills and familiarity with general office equipment
$20 per hour
Send Resume to Mike Manary, Township Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org